I enjoy talking about my books to groups of readers – literary festivals, libraries, book groups. Since lockdown I’ve been doing zoom interviews. I’d be happy to hear from you if you would like to arrange one with a group.
Click here to see Comments by event organisers
Creative Women: Interviews with remarkable women
Thursdays at 6pm on zoom, hosted by National Women’s Register. Each month I interview a different women. These events are for members, but any woman can join for £25 a year, and that gives you access to lots of other things. https://www.nwr.org.uk/join-nwr For more about NWR, see Creative Projects
- October 15th, 2020 – Journeys Without a Map: A Writer’s Life – Jen Marshall Haugen, international development worker, interviews Marion on her new memoir.
- November 12th, 2020 – Music For Dogs – Carol A Caffrey, Irish actress and poet, performs Paula Meehan’s one-woman play & talks about returning to creativity later in life
- December 10th, 2020 – Story Cafe – Wendy Kirk talks about running a read-aloud group in the Women’s Library in Glasgow’s East End & how she balances work with raising two children
- January 14th, 2021 – Be an Angel – Pauline Prior-Pitt, poet and artist reads from her collection of poems about women’s lives & talks about life as an artist in the Outer Hebrides
- February 11th, 2021 – Poetry Breakfasts and more – Anna Dreda, founder of the Wenlock Poetry Festival, talks about running an independent bookshop & encouraging a community of local poets
- March 11th, 2021 – ‘Our Lives’ — sharing inspiring stories – Mary Simpson, teacher of English to adults, talks about supporting people to write their own stories
- April 22nd, 2021 – Food, Poverty & Children – Anna Taylor, director of the Food Foundation, shares her story of campaigning to ensure children are not hungry